1. Showing up late for your interview. 93% said it hurts your chances. And it bothers women more than men.
2. Whining or complaining about something, 92%.
3. Showing a lack of preparation, 89%.
4. Bad-mouthing a former boss, or a former company, 88%.
5. Making a bad mistake on your resumé or cover letter. Like a spelling error, 86%
6. Using broken English or too much slang in your interview, 84%.
7. Asking for way more money than the job would normally pay, 84%.
8. Being underqualified, 80%. So 20% said it DOESN'T hurt your chances.
9. Answering their questions incorrectly, 77%.
10. Not making enough eye contact, 76%.
A few more that just missed the top ten were bragging . . . rambling . . . dressing too casual for your interview . . . and using a gimmick, like showing up with a gift.