Today is National Grilled Cheese Day. A survey by the social media platform Skout reveals that 86% of people 'love' grilled cheese sandwiches. Other findings:
- 73% of people, who love grilled cheese sandwiches make love at least once a month, versus 68% of those, who don't care for the sandwich
- 32% of grilled cheese sandwich lovers make love at least six times a month
- 88% of grilled cheese lovers are fairly� or very adventurous
A survey by Sara Lee reveals that 82% of blondes prefer more than just cheese on their grilled cheese sandwiches. Other findings:
- 67% of brunettes prefer more than just cheese on their grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 89% of people customize their grilled cheese sandwich.
- 26% of people feel a grilled cheese sandwich should just be bread and cheese.
- two most popular grilled cheese ‘cheese’ choices: American and cheddar
- most popular customized grilled cheese toppings.
Ham and pork 32%
Another survey by Sara Lee reveals that 77% of people prefer to eat their grilled cheese sandwiches at home. Other findings:
- 55% of people only like one kind of cheese on their grilled cheese sandwich
- cheddar cheese is the most popular cheese choice for grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 25% of people believe grilled cheese sandwiches should have no other ingredients than bread and cheese.
- 20% of people put onions on their grilled cheese sandwiches
- 10% of people put apples on their grilled cheese sandwiches
- 17% of people like a mix of cheese on their grilled cheese sandwiches
A survey by National Today reveals that grilled cheese is America's second favorite food behind pizza. 87% of people like grilled cheese sandwiches.
Top Cheese Choices For Grilled Cheese
1. Cheddar (68%)
2. American (60%)
3. Swiss (59%)
4. Provolone (56%)
5. Pepper Jack (47%)